Friday, January 18, 2013

Creation Day 7 & Review

Today was our final lesson with our 7 Days of Creation theme.  Abbie has really enjoyed learning about it all.  I am not sure how much she actually retained, but I am not too concerned about that at this point.  During our review she told me that God made Dark & Light, and animals, and flowers, and water!  I feel like if she retained that much information over 2 weeks... I'm proud!

Abbie did well with our songs at Circle Time.  She sang almost all of the words with me!  She sang her ABCs in their entirety and I am excited each time she does it!  After Circle Time we did some basic review.  We talked about the letter, number, color, and all of the Creation Days.  After our review, she worked on her number 7 Poster number!  I cut the number out of white paper, and used a white crayon to draw Zs on it, you know... God rested... Zzzzzzzz!  I didn't have any water colors, so I mixed a little poster paint with water!  It worked.  Only issue was, I am not sure I pressed hard enough with the crayon!  The Zs did appear, but not like I was hoping for.  She enjoyed it, and when she was finished... we displayed it with the other numbers!  We sang one of my favorite kid songs "My God is so big, so strong, and so mighty... there's nothing my God cannot do"!!!  I love to watch their faces when they sing this!  And, we finished our morning off with some name writing practice!  This week went well, and she seemed to enjoy each lesson!  I am very excited to change themes, and continue our lessons next week!


Singing her ABC's!

Painting her last Poster Number!

The Z's are hard to see, but they are there!

All 7 days of creation!

Working on her name!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for the day of rest so I can catch up on reading your blog. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete