Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Adam & Eve

I am a little behind!  This weekend sent me for a bit of a roller coaster ride, but we are back on track(ish)!!!  Monday was Brady's first birthday.  Since his birthday was Monday, we celebrated with friends and family on Sunday!  Even though Sunday was a day full of cleanup, and other fun plans... we managed to squeeze in a lesson!  This week we are discussing Adam & Eve.  On Monday, we talked about how God made Adam first, and he made Eve from Adam's rib.  Abbie showed me her ribs!

We started off our morning with Circle Time, and of course Abbie enjoyed it!  She sang all 3 of our songs with me... it still amazes me how many of the words she knows!  She sang her ABC's with no help from me!
After Circle Time was over, we breezed through discussing our letter, number, and color.  Our letter this week is Cc, our number is 3, and our color is yellow.  We do not really need to work on yellow.  It is Abbie's favorite color, and she distinguishes it easily.  3 is not really something we need to stress either, because she knows it very well!  She will be 3 on her birthday, and since I count to 3 often when she is in trouble... she is familiar with it!  Cc, however, is new!  We discussed that Cc is for Cookie or Camryn, one of her best friends!  Tomorrow we will bring Cinderella into the picture since her Cc makes a different sound!

Our craft was very simple, since I knew we were on a time crunch.  I printed a coloring sheet of Adam & Eve for her.  While she colored we talked about boys and girls.  We talked about how they are different, and as I named her friends 1 by 1, she told me if they were a boy or a girl!

We ended our morning with a rousing rendition of Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes.  Her version was precious!  She has sang this before, and knows most of the words... however... she placed her foot on the table to show me her toes!!!  I just love her...


Singing her ABC's at Circle Time.

Coloring her worksheet... she loves to color!

There are Abbie's toes!!!

Photobucket


1 comment: