Monday, January 7, 2013

Our 1st Day of School!

While our lessons are short, I try to fit in lots of information that is easily understandable!  Our lesson plans include a Letter of the Week, Number of the Week, Color of the Week, and a focus theme.  Our focus this week is God's Creation... Day's 1-3.  Our letter is Aa, our number is 1, and our color is red.  I plan to work my way through the alphabet, and up to the number 20, as well as work my way through the rainbow!

Our focus today was on Day 1 of God's creation.  We talked a lot about dark and light.  She colored her Day 1 poster number with a black crayon.  She colored the bottom half dark, and we left the top half light!  We worked on a 2nd craft today since her poster number was very easy.  She painted the earth on a paper plate!  We talked about how God created everything on the earth.  When we went to wash the pain off of her hands, we stood in the dark bathroom before turning on the light.  We talked about dark, and light using the light switch!  Abbie told me she likes night because she can sleep!  We read about God creating the dark and light in her Toddler Bible, and we read "Cant You Sleep Little Bear?"  Its a book about dark and light!

In addition to our plan, we also started our morning off with "Circle Time".  Our Circle Time consists of 3 songs, and then we talk about the day of the week today, yesterday, and tomorrow.  We also spell Abbie's name out loud.  The songs are "Good morning how are you", "Day's of the Week", and "The ABCs"...

All in all, I think today went well, and I think Abbie is excited to learn more Wednesday!  

Abbie's first day of school!

We are doing school in the playroom, and circle time on the trampoline!  She gets to choose the color that she sits on for Circle Time! 

She is looking over our daily focus!

Counting to 7 on our fingers because it took God 7 days to create all...

Reading "Cant You Sleep Little Bear?"...

She really seemed to like this book!

Talking about the Dark & Light...

Hard at work...

She colored the bottom half "dark"


Painting her earth...

We laid green tissue paper squares onto the wet paint to create the land.  She thought it was very pretty!


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! I'm proud of you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I think you are way better at this than me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind Liz! I have a history with preschool teaching, you are totally right! I am fearing the K-5 stuff, but hoping I can learn a lot over the next few years!

      Delete