Monday, February 11, 2013

Dd is for Dentist!

For Christmas, my wonderful family, gave me the best gift I could have ever asked for... a Mommycation!  It was amazing.  I spent 4 days, KID FREE, in Salt Lake City, Utah, visiting my mom & her fiance!  It was such an amazing trip.  I didn't have much time before or after the trip to work on lesson planning!  It has taken me a few weeks to get back into the swing of everything, but we have finally recovered!
Due to lack of planning time we took one more week off, last week!  We did however take a field trip to the dentist!  Abbie had never been to the dentist before, so she was excited and anxious both!  Sadly, I hadn't been to the dentist in about 8 years, so I was just as anxious!!!  I did my cleaning first, and Abbie watched.  She saw it wasn't so bad, and she laughed and laughed at me while the polishing brush tickled my gums!

She was up... so, we went into a new room, and she hopped right up into the chair!  No hesitation was a good sign to me!  When the chair laid back, I busted out laughing!  As the chair reclined, Abbie's feet went straight up into the air.  They literally stayed up in the air for the majority of the cleaning!!  Even the dentist was laughing!  They started by counting all of Abbie's teeth, and Abbie thought that was very cool.  After her teeth were counted, the cleaning began.  She let Dr. George brush and floss her teeth like such a big girl!  I was seriously impressed with how well she did, and I always have super high expectations about things like this.  Before she got up, they did a flouride treatment, and she loved the taste of it!!!  She did so well, that she was able to pick a prize from the treasure jar.  She was so excited, but the cherry on top of the visit was a new toothbrush!  Abbie was thrilled, and couldn't wait to brush her teeth when she got home!  (Of course we had to wait 4 hours because of the flouride treatment...)

I was a very proud mommy, and Abbie can't wait to go back to the dentist!


Hopped up into the chair!

Showing the dentist all of her teeth!

Counting all of those pearly whites.

Brushing her teeth...

Using the suction with her feet up in the air!  

Someone is very excited about her new toothbrush!

Ice cream later that evening as a special treat for being so great!!!



Photobucket

1 comment: