Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Bb is for Butterfly

Well today was day number 3 on the letter Bb!  Abbie is getting really good at using the sound!  Abbie's room is decorated in LOTS and I mean LOTS of butterflies, so it only seemed fitting that we use butterfly in our plans this week!  I had started working on a mobile for Abbie's room a long time ago, and I punched out LOTS of butterflies from pretty card stock!  I put the project away, and probably never would have pulled it back out... but I needed some butterflies!  I pulled out a piece of white construction paper, and put glue on the back of the butterflies.  Abbie pushed them down all of the page!  She had a lot of fun smacking the paper, like mommy was doing!!  If I didnt tell her to smack them down... she was attempting to pull them up!!! 
I think the finished project actually looks really cool!  She did a great job, but most importantly she had fun!  Every time I would put glue on one, I made sure to call it a butterfly, just to reiterate the Bb sound, and why we were doing this! 

Here is a picture of her finished project!

I just love seeing all of her art projects on display in her room, but I love the colors on this project so much!!
I may leave it up a little longer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment