Thursday, September 1, 2011

The number of the week is 2...

We had a lot of focus on the letter of the week, Bb, but I didnt forget about the number of the week, 2!  I planned a worksheet for Abbie that had a picture of 2 stars on it.  The plan was to count the stars together, and I was going to let her color the sheet with 2 different colors! 

The hurricane that struck Richmond over the last weekend, caused a massive amounts of power outages.  We were very blessed and grateful to be among the few without power loss.  I cannot imagine what we would have done with Abbie if we had no power!  Thankfully, God held our hand through the storm, and protected our home while keeping our power on!  

We had some friends that were fortunately out of town for the storm, but as of Wednesday night they still had no power.  They were leaving Roanoke to come back home, and had no place to go.  We offered them our guest room, and they came to stay with us for a few days!  Abbie is more than excited to have Layla around!  And Derik & I enjoyed the company of Chris & Stacy, so we had a great time!
I debated not doing a lesson on Thursday because I didnt want Stacy to feel as though I was forcing anything on Layla, but I figured the coloring sheet would be fun if nothing else!  So, I printed an extra sheet out so Layla could participate too!  The girls were so cute doing their worksheets together!!  We decided to also let them use markers and crayons... 2 different mediums for them to use!  I think they enjoyed coloring much more than us taking their picture!! 
Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment