Monday, September 19, 2011

Dd is for Ducks...



Our letter of the week is Dd, our number of the week is 4, and our theme this week is animals!  I ended up bumping another week of lesson plans back, and adding the animal week in!  When we came back from the library, I realized how many animal books I had, and decided to make a lesson plan for them!!  So... this morning, we discussed ducks!  We read a fun book called "Ducks Skates", but Abbie wasn't very excited about me reading it to her!  She read it to herself after I was done, and was much happier!  Our activity this morning was of course a duck theme!  I had pieces of ducks cut out ahead of time, and glued the pieces for Abbie.  I let her place the pieces and she did a GREAT job!  I was pretty impressed!  The plan was to do 4 ducks, but she spaced them out so much that 2 worked just fine! 

She was very focused on each piece, and I had a great time watching her build her ducks!

She of course, admired her work when she was done!!  I love it when she does this!!
 I think it turned out super cute!! 



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment