Monday, September 5, 2011

Remembering 9/11...

So, at the last minute, I decided we would not do the planned lessons this week, and instead we are choosing to use this short (3) day week to learn about September 11th.  Now, the concept of what happened on 9/11 is more than LOST on a 19 month old, but I figured we would go over the "pieces" of the puzzle, and one day I will teach her all about it! 


In our "circle time" this morning, which as you can tell by the pictures, Abbie LOVES, we sang our usual songs!  But we also sang the Star Spangled Banner.  I know it isnt the 4th of July, but I thought it would be patriotic for Remembering 9/11!  Abbie danced and laughed all through Circle Time, and then stared at me like I was a crazy person, when I was singing a song she didnt know!


Today, since it is also Labor Day, we talked about pilots and airplanes.  I felt that this lesson tied together the 2 completely different concepts in a simple way!  I printed a worksheet that had a pilot and plane on it, and we talked about airplanes, and I let her color the picture with red and blue markers.  I thought the airplane tied to 9/11 in a very obvious way, the pilot tied to Labor Day in a pretty obvious way, and the red and blue markers were of course to represent US colors!


After craft time we pretended to be airplanes and flew all over her room!  That was fun!  At first, Abbie looked at me like I was a nut job, but she followed suit, and we laughed!!





I love to take pictures of Abbie working on her craft for the day!
   
   
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment