Tuesday, September 20, 2011

How Loud is a Lion?

I literally rolled out of bed and did classroom this morning!  We usually have to wait for mommy to get everything together, but I did that yesterday, so it was simple!  Today we talked about lions!  Abbie likes to roar, and I thought she would enjoy talking about lions, so I picked a book called "How Loud is a Lion?".  It was a really cute book, and she enjoyed it!



After circle time and story time, we did an activity that I thought Abbie would really like.  I had cut a paper plate in half, and cut out eyes and a nose.

I let Abbie color the plate yellow, and then I stapled strips of yellow and orange foam around the outside.  I added a piece of elastic, and we had a lion mask!
 

She wore it just long enough to snap a picture!  She was NOT a fan!

 She liked it MUCH better hanging on the wall!!

Oh well, she isnt going to like every activity I put together for her I guess!!  But, at least she got to roar like a lion during circle time!  Tomorrow we are learning about cows... she should like that discussion too!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment