Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I Pledge Allegiance...



Today we learned about the American Flag!  I thought again this would tie to the theme of 9/11, and it would allow us to touch on something very important, the pledge!  We did our usual circle time, and Abbie of course had a blast!  I think the idea of school is one she is really warming up too!  She danced and clapped, and I sang all of our songs!
She is starting to mouth along with me too!  Of course the version that she sings is far from my version, but it is more than precious, and I love to see her involved!









 When circle time was over, I said "Would you like to color?", her eyes lit up, and she ran for the table!  I got her all set and ready, and she was laughing with excitement!  I gave her a red and blue marker, although, crayons may be a better option for a few days (as markers write on other surfaces very easily & Abbie likes that)!!  So, this will be the last marker activity for a little while!





 ANYWAYS... I colored a flag as well, so we would have one to recite the pledge to!  

After we were done coloring... I taped my flag to the wall, and asked Abbie to put her hand on her heart... (I apologize for the BLURRY picture my husband took... I will try again later!!!) and this is what she did!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment